Things Self Storage Companies Must Have
- Published on
- Written By Super User
Self storage, commonly known as mini storage, is a growing industry in which individuals (whether on a corporate or personal level) pay money for additional storage. This kind of self storage can consist of rooms, containers, lockers and the like. This type of self storage normally charges every month.
There are a few basic things and services that a self storage center must possess. Some of the typical services of good self storage providers are given below:
- Height:Most self storage providers have only one floor or level in order for the clients to easily access, move, and remove their kept belongings. A single level or floor eliminates the trouble of going up or down to another level or floor and worrying about moving or transferring things up the different floors or levels.
- Access: Self storage providers normally have big roll-up doors in order for the items (whether small or big) can be easily taken out or brought into the self storage premises.
- Transportation: Between self storage units, storage providers use carts or trolleys to move belongings from the front door to the specific area.
- Division of Rental Units: Self storage units are usually divided via fencing, steel sheets, drywalls or plywood.
- Cameras: Most self storage providers have surveillance cameras installed to assure the peace of mind of the clients and provide top security.
- Lighting: Lights are an important component of a self storage facility. A self storage unit needs to be well lit in order for the belongings to be easily noticeable.
- Alarms: For additional security and theft prevention, some self storage units have separate alarms installed which are activated when entered by the wrong individual.
- Maintenance: The ideal self storage unit needs a minimum level of maintenance. Therefore, you do not have to be worried about constantly visiting your self storage rental unit and maintaining it.
Along with the services stated earlier, some self storage units have added features like:
- Mobility: Some self storage providers offer self storage units that are mobile. To put it differently, they leave the self storage unit in your home and as soon as you have kept your things in it, the self storage provider picks it up and puts it in their self storage facility.
- Added Security: Self storage providers may have added security measures like gates with computerized gate access.
- Availability of the Staff or Manager: Sometimes, the manager or staff may be residing in an on-site apartment. This will make sure that you can call him or her whenever you need.
- Transportation: Some self storage providers offer you transportation services at a small cost. This can be more costly but it is very hassle-free.
- Timing: Even though timing has been given for most self storage providers, some provide round the clock accessibility if you pay for an extra fee.
If you are looking for basic self storage services, but want something more, make sure you come to Ogden Self Storage. You will not find an ideal self storage unit anywhere. They provide the finest services and they are customer friendly.